Here are some hobbies to try for all the nature lovers that want to spend more time outdoors!
By Cierra Ryan
There is so much technology around us everyday; it consumes every second of our lives without us even realizing it. Do you ever get tired of this? Well then how about putting down the cellphone, turning off the TV, and going outside for a change!
Here are some great hobbies that anyone can enjoy outdoors.
- Fishing– Fishing is a good way to get outdoors and have some fun. You can spend the day catching fish with your friends and family, and you may even have some great stories to tell afterward.
- Snorkeling– Take advantage of being near the Gulf Coast and go on a snorkeling adventure to experience the marine life up close! I even recommend taking a water proof camera or GoPro camera with you to document your fun time.
- Camping– Camping is also a fun way to spend time outdoors, while being with the people you love. You can put up tents, build a fire, and tell ghost stories while being at ease in the surroundings of nature.
- Gardening– Spending time planting vegetables and flowers in your yard is a great way to pass the time. You will get to experience first hand the magic of nature while you watch your garden grow.
- Bicycling– This is a great way to get to know your area, while getting a great workout. Going for a bike ride 1 to 2 times a week can be a great hobby for people all ages.
- Photography– Take a camera with you where ever you go. If you spend a day with friends or go for a walk in the park, you can take your own unique photos to look back and reminisce on later.
- Hiking– Hiking is an active way to get out of the house and see nature up close. This can be done with friends, family, or even in groups.
- Sports– Instead of sitting inside watching YouTube videos and games on TV, how about going out side and playing a game with your friends and family. This is fun way to spend time outside doing what you love.
Don’t get me wrong, technology is a great thing. Without it we wouldn’t be able to sit at home and watch Netflix after a long day, but sometimes it nice to turn it all off and get back to the outdoors.