Did you know that March is National Athletic Training Month?
Sean B. Ahonen and Megan Anthony are the two athletic trainers that work with Foley student athletes everyday. They wanted to thank the athletic director and administrators in supporting and making the health of the Foley High School student athletes a top priority.
A few quick facts:
- Foley High School has two full-time certified athletic trainers on campus daily from 6:45 AM – 5:00 PM (and usually well beyond that time) or when the last game ends.
- Foley High School is one of 337 schools in the nation that has received the “Safe Sports Award,” which recognizes schools with protocols in place to keep the student athletes safe and injury free.
- Since August 1st, 2014, Foley High School has saved our student athletes approximately $41,000 in services for medical evaluations and treatments.
- Foley High School has had approximately 200 documented injury evaluations this year alone.
- Foley High School has 12 student athletic trainers that help with services, and that number continues to grow. The sports medicine class is being offered to all students.
- Two years ago Foley High School moved into a 2,300 square foot facility that has allotted more room to prevent, evaluate and treat our student athletes.
Use this link to see the work our student athletic trainers are doing. They take pride in their work as “the team, behind the teams.”